If you've ever been to one of my business building seminars then you're aware of how much I emphasis the importance of knowing your target market.
Who is your target market?
I like to say it's the people you only need to "tell", not "sell". It's those who only need to be "told"...not "sold". Every company has a target, a niche market...a specific audience, a particular demographic, a customer that is looking for them personally. THIS is your target.
Why is knowing your target important? Well - because for one it allows you to start your business without the hustle. Hustling is difficult and sometimes can kill our spirit. Selling to people who want to be sold builds momentum and energy for the next step (which is selling outside of your niche market).
Always start with your target market, as in baseball," win the games you're supposed to win first" - and work your way out from there.
Once you know your target market you can then choose which social media sites you should be utilizing. Businesses targeting women should be considering Facebook and Pinterest over others. Businesses targeting moms should know not to post Monday through Friday at 3pm in the afternoon. All these little statistics help you grow your business in the right direction.
Knowing your target is key, and essential, in building your business foundation correctly.
For those of you who know your target audience - here's ten stats that may help you reach them!
1. 2% of Twitters provide 90% of the content
2. 80% of people on Pinterest are women (more than 1/2 have kids)
3. YouTube reaches more adults between 18-34 than ANY cable network!!
4. Two new members join LinkedIn every second
5. 67% of Twitter users say they’re more likely to buy a brand they follow on Twitter
6. 189 million of Facebook users are MOBILE ONLY
7. Google + adds 25,000 new users every single day
8. 409 million online users read over 14.5 billion blog pages EVERY SINGLE DAY
9. 82% of businesses on social media see an immediate retention and customer loyalty increase
10. Over 2 billion YouTube videos are watched every single day.
Have questions about this blog? Contact me at email@example.com I'm always available via email.
Love this blog? Share it on Facebook